~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After my death our beloved Church abroad will break three ways ... first the Greeks will leave us as they were never a part of us ... then those who live for this world and its glory will go to Moscow ... what will remain will be those souls faithful to Christ and His Church. ~St. Philaret of NY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Problems with the Western Rites

St. Edward's speaks out regarding the Western Rites

See page 15 of this month's The Shepherd Magazine


Excerpts:
"... In a sense, we do not have ritual in Orthodoxy.  I remember years ago seeing Fr Vladimir serve at Jordanville.  One could not say he was performing a ritual (although of course there is an outward ritual form to our services), rather it was clear that he was entering into a dialogue with our Saviour.  Perhaps I exaggerate - I was young and impressionable at the time, but it does seem to me that the Western Rite (what I have seen of it) promotes a contrary spirit, - to put it very crudely, a “look at me, see how well I am doing this”  ethos. ..."

"... But, in short, my advice would be, if you want to become Orthodox, or grow in Orthodoxy, avoid the Western Rite. ..."


Related Post:
http://remnantrocor.blogspot.com/2011/09/blog-policy-on-western-rite.html
– Actually there are a number of related posts, many are concentrated in the period starting 7/30/11 and continuing through 9/21/11 when RRb ran a series of posts on this subject.

Full article can also be read here:
http://rocorrefugeesreadmore.blogspot.com/2011/10/archimandrite-alexis-on-western-rite.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://tinyurl.com/mwfy529