.

.

After my death our beloved Church abroad will break three ways ... first the Greeks will leave us as they were never a part of us ... then those who live for this world and its glory will go to Moscow ... what will remain will be those souls faithful to Christ and His Church. ~St. Philaret of NY






Privacy – There is NONE

one reason why I won't join Google +

Google Products Forums - Gmail Help Forum - 


boxofslavery Level 1
This is my junkmail account.  It has a pen name.  It is tied to my Google+ account, which has REAL pictures of me and part of my REAL name.
When I switched to the new look, if I send an email to another gmail account, they don't see my pen name.  They see my REAL name and REAL pictures of me and can automatically find my Google+ account!  This is very disturbing.
I'm already about 5 seconds away from deleting my entire Google+ account and if this isn't fixed completely within 24 hours, my Google+ account AND my Gmail are going to completely disappear.
This is the absolute worst breach of privacy I've ever encountered on the web anywhere.  Blatant disrespect!
11/6/11


Dingus Level 10  
Hi boxofslavery, you can try setting the display name in your email by selecting the gear, then 'Mail settings' and from there find the 'Accounts and Import' section and select 'edit info' next to your email address in the 'Send mail as:' section....
11/6/11


boxofslavery Level 1 
It still links to the Google+ account even after that pathetic "fix." I'm not even willing to leave this catastrophe up for the night. I'm killing my Google+ account because not only is it apparently the worst privacy issue known to man, but it's...
11/6/11


boxofslavery Level 1 
And how about that... You can't delete your Google+ account. You get a 404 error message when you try. I had to go through and delete every photo and circle, and block all those that'd put me in theirs because that's the only way to get out....
11/6/11


Dingus Level 10  
Hi boxofslavery, please see the help reference. The help reference will be helpful for you to troubleshoot. If you want, you can search or post in the Google+ Help Forum. Alot of people use it and it's very good for lots of people to connect
11/7/11


boxofslavery Level 1  
Dingus... your name describes you well. There was absolutely no solution whatsoever in what you just posted, which seems like a typical answer from a Google support staff. The help reference doesn't have anything about the privacy issues of this
11/7/11


Dingus Level 10 
Actually, people have to choose to participate in Google+ Beta project, and then you'll have to factor that certain issues that you choose to experience in that way may not be representative of the majority of users. The help reference provided
11/7/11


boxofslavery Level 1 
Yes, people chose to participate in Google+, and they all chose to stop using it as well. Most people haven't even seen their profile in a month. On mine, there were only three posts in over a month even though I had over 100 people in my
11/8/11


Dingus Level 10  
Okay boxofslavery, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, what with your aptitude in commenting and composed manner or presenting your dilemma, though possibly you still haven't found the Google+ Help Forum. See the help reference. Chalk it...
11/08/11


boxofslavery Level 1
Why are you not understanding?
I've been there.
The solution is NOT there.
There is NO solution.
Also, I've said multiple times, it's a gmail problem, not a Google+ problem.
There's no other way to say it.
No matter what you do, if you have a gmail account hooked to a Google+ account, and you send me an email to my gmail account, I can now see your Google+ account!  That's a problem, especially when Google did not tell anyone this was the case, or give the option to opt out.  I found out because I used my junkmail account to email someone and they suddenly started calling me by my real name instead of my pen name.
11/08/11


Sarah 
Hi boxofslavery, I'm sorry you had trouble with Google+ and Gmail on your account. It sounds like you have corrected your Gmail display name, could you confirm? By default, your display name in Gmail is based on your account name, so it would
11/11/11


boxofslavery Level 1 
Oh my god! How are you not understanding?! Forget the display name. Yes, I fixed that. It was never the main issue. So just completely forget that already. Okay, let me simplify this for you: I send an email to you. You can now see my Google+...
11/12/11


Sarah
Hi boxofslavery,
When you hover your mouse over someone's email, what you are seeing is based on your Contacts entry for that person.
However, there are other places that the Google+/Gmail integration might not work for you. For example, Gmail's People Widget may show recent posts from Google+. I'd recommend keeping your pseudonymous Gmail address separate from any real name Google+ account.
In the meantime, I'm sorry for the confusion and the situation you encountered.
Best,
Sarah
11/14/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://tinyurl.com/mwfy529