Elder Ignatius of Harbin
"What began in Russia will end in America"
(Schema-hieromonk Elder Ignatius of Harbin Manchuria, August 3/16, 1958†)
• This prophecy is mentioned on page 123 of Russia's Catacomb Saints in chapter 7 "Metropolitan Joseph of Petrograd and the Beginning of the Catacomb Church". It is also used on the dedication page:
• Little is known about Elder Ignatius himself. According to Natalia Volkova’s memoir Children of Harbin, Part Three (English translation by Katherine Ilachinski) his family name was Melekhin, and he resided at the Kazan Mother of God monastery in Harbin, China, starting in 1922. He is said to have been both blind and clairvoyant, as well as a confessor.
• According to Fr. Seraphim Rose, the Elder Ignatius was buried by St. Philaret of New York.
• Kazan Mother of God Monastery in Harbin
• Hegumen Ignatius (he was the confessor of the monastery, totally blind),
Hegumen Ignatius (Melekhin). Inhabitant of Kazan Mother of God monastery in Harbin from year 1922, Before taking the schema - Hieromonk Or. In 1930-1940's was already blind, only was a confessor. People went to him. He was endowed with the gift of clairvoyance.