.

.

After my death our beloved Church abroad will break three ways ... first the Greeks will leave us as they were never a part of us ... then those who live for this world and its glory will go to Moscow ... what will remain will be those souls faithful to Christ and His Church. ~St. Philaret of NY






". . . it just makes a beeping sound"


True story:
Monday night my daughter emailed her son (my grandson) from my home computer asking him to phone her.  He called right away and my daughter picked up the cordless phone for their conversation.  After awhile the battery in the cordless phone went dead.  By the time my daughter had picked up the landline phone, they had been disconnected.  She tried to call him back, but got his voice mail.  In a short while she received an email from him:

"Hey, I have no clue what happened. I try calling you and it just makes a beeping sound."

My grandson is 14 years old.  This is the first time he has ever heard a busy signal.


1 comment:

GOC Friend in Portland said...


I loved your story of your grandson and the phone. It reminded me of when a teenager and I were talking and he showed me a letter he got. He said "I think it's English, but I'm not sure. Can you read it?" I laughed. "It's in cursive." "What's 'incursive'?" I laughed even more. "It's an archaic, ancient language that those who were raised in the bygone age of the 20th century were taught to speak." I said. We had a good laugh.

Post a Comment

http://tinyurl.com/mwfy529